Thursday, October 7, 2010

Absurdist Rap

The following was constructed while listening to white-boy rap and thinking about the absurdity of Eminrm being singled out for misogyny and saying generally negitive things when, really, it seems like more of a package to reach the hearts and minds of people who think like that with a really positive message about responsibility, standing up to do what's right, being a good father and etc.

Because if high school taught me anything, it's that in order to reach little woman-hating bastards, you kinda have to talk like them.



This is the most politically correct rap about absurdism ever:
Yo, yo,
Oedipus, motha fucker. (Because he was).

I'm gonna sit here & look around
Look up & down & in the lost 'n found
Because a search for meaning has no meaning
We're floating around & feeling
Just not feeling the breasts
When you say, "take a rest"
Unless I get an invite to your chest

It's a rap in a blog exploring philosophy
But a philosophy that's tripped out on some "E"
Like The Beatles when they dug the pony
Don't try to debate it
You can't relate it
My teacher couldn't grade it
Yeah

So you look back at me with an itch
I look back & say, "shut up, bitch"
Because my mutt is barking like it's rich
Head out of the window with gold rims
Playing some Zoot Sims
Thinking about the hymns

Making sense yet?
No? Then you got a fence pet
And you keep it in you mind-- hence, let
Me in and blow your pet away
Let your mind go stray

Because framed in a world with no grand meaning
"Random" becomes less common & more reeling
Coincidences stand alone-- they aren't kneeling
To a grand design or over-powering feeling
It makes more things possible & more things funny



My lyrical skills are probably rusty. I also didn't think about this for more than an hour. However, if you have rap "skillz," I encourage you to record it, tape it or whatever. Lay some beats down, perhaps? If you do, be sure to let me know... give me the link? Just be sure to credit me as "writer" (it's only fair and it'd be a real dick move if you didn't).

Well, this is the end of another absurdist blog by Mix Master Mason.
Wiki-wiki, yeaahhh...!

1 comment:

  1. The next thing for you to do is lay the rap down to a beat and make a Youtube video!

    ReplyDelete